Do you want to learn more about legal needs matching, connect to other anti-trafficking professionals and be part of the solution?
Download our Brochure and fill out the form below to get in touch!
ALIGHT LEGAL NEEDS MATCHING PROGRAM
Rapidly Connecting Human Trafficking Survivors to Mobilized Legal Network
To help meet and address the diverse legal needs of human trafficking survivors, we offer service providers and advocates who work with vulnerable and underserved populations access to free help from the legal community quickly and easily. For example, the same trafficked person may need to divorce her trafficker who is also her husband (family law), seal her criminal record for crimes she was forced to commit while trafficked (criminal law) and resolve debt issues as a result of identity theft (civil law).
Human trafficking survivors’ diverse and pressing needs touch on different areas of law, for example:
- Criminal Law — warrants, seal or expunge criminal records, access crime victim compensation, victim-centered support during criminal proceedings / class actions
- Family Law — orders of protection or restraining orders, child custody and visitation, child support, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, family reunification
- Civil Law — civil damages, restitution, access to public benefits, access to public housing, access to crime victim compensation, unemployment benefits, back wages, sexual harassment or discrimination, tax filing requirements, credit and debt issues
Matching Need to Expertise
Developments in technology enable new growth and possibility for the legal community to contribute to real improvements in the lives of trafficking survivors. For the first time, we have the opportunity to use real-time, mobile technology that can sort, match and connect diverse legal needs of survivors (Need) to relevant and available legal expertise (Expertise).
ALIGHT is partnering with Caravan Studios, a division of TechSoup Global and a pioneer in community-driven solutions, to implement an innovative needs matching tool (the 4Bells app). In the Program, we will be testing for the efficiencies this tool creates in anti-trafficking response and how to increase access to justice for survivors of human trafficking.
Join the Program
Collaborate – Voice Your Ideas – Contribute to Next Generation of Solutions
We are looking for Program Candidates in Colorado! Please fill out the below form with your contact information and questions.
Call for NEED (service providers and advocates): Service providers and advocates who work directly with human trafficking survivors in Colorado in need of free legal assistance. Includes service providers and advocates at:
- human trafficking community organizations
- youth, LGBTQI and immigrant community-based services
- nonprofit legal providers
- victim’s assistance organizations
- domestic violence and sexual assault organizations
Call for EXPERTISE (pro bono lawyers): Lawyers with expertise in different areas of law who are matched to survivors’ legal needs based on their availability and skills. Includes attorneys in law firms or private practice, corporate counsel, pro bono attorneys and legal service providers with the following expertise.
- family law
- civil litigation
- criminal law
- tax law
- general, commercial and contract law