As a service provider or advocate who works with survivors of human trafficking, you know that these individuals face an uphill battle. Many of their basic and interlocking needs are in fact legal issues with which lawyers can help. From explaining the terms of a child custody agreement to negotiating with debt collection agencies, to accessing housing and benefits. To meet the diverse legal needs of survivors, you must have the ability to access expertise from relevant areas of law in an easy and immediate manner. You can connect to free help from the legal community and make a difference for your clients by participating in The ALIGHT Legal Needs Matching Pilot.
About the Pilot
In the Pilot, we are implementing innovative and mobile needs matching technology (the 4Bells app) to enable service providers, advocates and lawyers connect to each other in a straightforward and new way to assist with survivors’ diverse legal problems. ALIGHT is partnering with Caravan Studios, a division of TechSoup Global on this community-driven solution.
Through the 4Bells app, you will get real-time access to a pool of qualified lawyers. Based on your client’s needs, the 4Bells app will match you to lawyers with the relevant expertise to help with your client’s legal issues. With direct and access to legal resources and knowledge, precious time is not wasted on coordination, and more of the survivors’ diverse, pressing problems can be expediently resolved.
A service provider or advocate working directly with survivors who need pro bono legal assistance.
Role in the Pilot
- Post general, non-personally identifiable information about client’s legal needs as a task
- Relevant lawyers will be alerted to your task via real-time notifications
- Lawyers able and willing to assist claim your task and the 4Bells app will directly send you their contact information
- Call your lawyer match through the app to further discuss terms
Communicating with the interested lawyer directly ensures you protect client confidentiality, understand the scope of assistance and retain existing institutional expertise around client intake and project management.
Your participation in the Pilot will help us learn from your experience and needs as we refine the 4Bells app, while offering you a tool to:
- IMPROVE SERVICE on the complex and diverse legal needs of your existing clients
- ACCESS RELEVANT PRO BONO EXPERTISE in multiple legal areas
- SAVE TIME by immediately and directly alerting relevant lawyers and connecting to those available to assist with your client’s needs
- CHOOSE which attorneys you work with and on what terms
- STRENGTHEN and help support the existing antitrafficking resource network in Colorado
- ACCESS, EXPLORE and HELP DEVELOP innovative needs-matching technology along with other leaders in the anti-trafficking